9/180

St James' Cemetery

  South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpg South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831South View of Cemetery - 1830s-south-view.jpgSt James' Cemetery, c.1830St James' Cemetery, 1831  
South View of Cemetery

This lithograph by Barrow & Crane shows the cemetery from the south. The oratory is on the higher ground to the right, and the minister's house is on the mount in the centre of the image. The ramps, catacombs, and railings along Hope Street are on the left. The cemetery grounds only show around twenty gravestones with lots of open space and limited planting, as well as Huskisson's large monument. Around 30 figures are shown visiting throughout the cemetery.