1/10

St James' Cemetery » Maps & Plans » Historic Maps

1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg 1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map1765 Map - 1765-map.jpg1785 Map  
1765 Map

This map from 1765 shows the quarry and Quarry Hill surrounded by fields, with Toxteth Park to the south (right). The numbers, 3, 1, and 20, are marked on the hill but are otherwise unidentifiable. Circles show the locations of the windmills to the north (left) and south (right) of the site.
Duke Street is named as Quarry Hill, and "Park Gate" is marked where St James' Church currently stands.