This illustration is from Fraser's Guide to Liverpool (1858). It looks south and shows all the main features of the cemetery. A windmill is shown at the far end on Upper Parliament Street. The oratory is on the right, with St Mark's Church behind, and the central upper ground shows the minister's house and the other houses of St James' Mount. Paths wind in the lower part of the cemetery with Huskisson's mausoleum in the centre. The east wall and ramps with catacombs are to the left.