© Mike Faulkner
The pedestrian tunnel leads upwards out of the cemetery at the north-western corner. It is a rock archway lined with worn headstones on both sides which were removed from the lower part of the cemetery in the 1960s-70s. A large ivy-covered monument stands on higher ground to the right of the tunnel. This monument appears to be marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1847.